On the dev.mysql.com site you can find few example databases, but for now I will use the world database (innodb). There is a really cool large data dump available from Stack Exchange for performance testing.
MySQL world database install guide can be found here, but you can also follow this:
- Download the world_innodb.sql.zip file
- Start mysql command line and create the world database
- Extract the world_innodb.sql.zip to the drive root where mysql is running from on Windows c:/
- Go back to mysql command prompt and use the world database created in 2.
- Import the data with source c:/world_innodb.sql; command
- It will take a bit until finish, but world database need to be ready after that.
After import is ready you can check if everything went in.
| Tables_in_world2 |
| city |
| country |
| countrylanguage |
City, Country, and CountryLanguage need to be in your db.
select count(*) from city; select count(*) from country; select count(*) from countrylanguage;
The city table has 4079 rows, Country 239 rows, countrylanguage 984 rows.